Cardboard dungeon terrain

Building an awesome table? Working on some terrain? Show it off here!
guapo

Cardboard dungeon terrain

Post by guapo » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:54 am

I took a slightly other route than Sean, since I needed something a little more stackable (the missus doesn't appreciate the display value...), so I bought a Battlesystem Dungeon in anticipation for my RB goodies come February:
...And that is not even half the content in the box... :shock: The possibilities are mindbogling!

To test it out, I hired the services of these three scoundrels:

And we played a game of modified D&DBoardgame:

Here my eldest daughter and I did NOT agree on the position of her sorceress... ;)

We had a marvelous good ol' time and in the end the heroes prevailed (HUZZAH!), monsters were killed and swag were had :D
My kids are really taking to fantasy games and I'm confident they will be ready for Relicblade when it arrives.

I'm really impressed with the quality and modularity (is that a word?!) of the Battlesystem terrain. As an extra protection I've coated every edge on what you see above with super-glue and it is really a must. That is also why the dungeon is not larger as I've sworn to coat everything as soon as I punch it out... :?
This will be really easy to setup once I got the practice and taking it down took only 10 minutes. I'm hoping to use this dungeon as a mobile setup when I arrange RB-demos in the future to lure in new players -preassembling sections in advance should make it a breeze to arrive a good 10-15 minutes before game-time, open a few plastic-boxes with terrain and minis and BANG -Bob's your uncle (well in theory... :? )

I'm seriously considering taking off the beard and leaving only a mustache as an homage to Sean when I do RB demos, but the wife does not share my enthusiasm for this and left my fistbump hanging... :cry:

Oh and BTW, I'm MadsBoJensen on the recent RB Kickstarter, should I have said something to untowards...#englishasasecondlanguage #lostintranslation :?

WSUJSteve

Re: Cardboard dungeon terrain

Post by WSUJSteve » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:39 pm

This is fantastic!

Is that mat you're playing on 2x2? Also, what does the average dungeon box cost? It looks like it would be plenty good enough for Relicblade.

When I have some time, I have a RB terrain project in mind, but this does have me thinking.

guapo

Post by guapo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:45 am

Hello Steve -yes it is exactly 2'X2'

The dungeon cost me the princely sum of 70 GBP + a hefty 14,7 GBP for shipping (it is rather heavy) -but totally worth it.
Barring wanting to play in a totally different environment this box has got it all: walls, wells, chests, tables, chairs, bookshelves and books, sarcophagus, stairs, walkways and balustrades, doors and trapdoors, furnace, torches and the list just goes on :shock: :D

I'm tempted to add the sewage and waterways kit at some point, but for now this is all I need!

I've enjoyed making terrain for Warhammer, but as I've gotten older and married with 4 kids, time is a more precious commodity than money (I'm not rich by a long shot, but time is something I don't have ;) ) With this dungeon I'm pretty much set for the forseeable future and it is a breeze to set up, once you've got the hang of it and it is good fun in its own right.

WSUJSteve

Post by WSUJSteve » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:05 pm

Oh for sure, I totally come from the time commodity standpoint.. I just have a bad habit of frivolously spending. So I have been trying to look into things a bit stronger.

It does seem a little pricey for what you get, but that being said, I'd like to see a complete setup with the stuff it comes with.. TO THE INTERNET!