Without taking away the fun of exploring the game, here are a few tips I have for the Pigs!
- Soldier pigs are your best anti-armor
- Shield pigs with shield wall are your best armor. And form an anchor for a supported unit. Protect your friends is super important for pigs since tough means they recover 1:3 of the time.
- Raiders are good flanking unit since they have high value melee and a ranged attack to harass. Give them a sling and they have two ranged attacks to take out soft targets (thief, Druid, Ranger, Billman, Sabercat... anything that's armor 1!)
- Berserkers are great shock troops. But wait to use frenzy until you can get work done. Frenzy also means they can potentially run very far to claim objectives. Give them a health potion. That way you can get more frenzy actions in before they die.
- Axe pigs are slightly more mobile than soldiers since battle axe can work with one die. But it’s a taste thing. You should experiment to see which you prefer.
Bonus tip. Brutal charge is amazing. Crit gore on a brutal charge is pretty common. Crit in one dice actions is always 1:6 but since you’re hitting on a 3 you won’t be tempted to focus and ruin your crit odds.
Seriously, this is a hot tip. Bumping the +2 attacks to a +4 of a crit up to +6 with brutal charge. You'll be ripping faces off in no time. Also if it doesn't crit it's still +4!
Ready to get some work done with Gore?? Give an Axe/Soldier Pig a cudgel and brutal charge. They're only 13 points and still benefit from the combo above.