How many of you are in on the Kickstarter?

Here we can chat about all things Relicblade. Talk about your favorite lore, model, your admiration and adoration of all things Metal King.
WSUJSteve

How many of you are in on the Kickstarter?

Post by WSUJSteve » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:09 am

Just a few days left, I figured it might be fun to share what we're getting in on.

I've pledged for:

Chronicler of Legend Pledge

Addons

Battle Pig Faction (That Warlord pig!)
lone guard Faction
Bone & Darkness Faction (already have ~2, need more)

2x assassin
Ogre Gladiator
Dwarf Berzerker
Vermin Mouth
Gnome Battlesmith
Battlesmith & Ibex

Wild monsters cards
Legends 1 cards

I'd have liked a second set of the Iguans and the Fish folk, but I REALLY need to keep it under $400....

ZackZeta

Re: How many of you are in on the Kickstarter?

Post by ZackZeta » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:03 pm

Chronicler of Legend Pledge

Addons

Battle Pig Faction
vermin mouth
dwarf berserker
handbook
and maybe some bone stalkers.

im pushing it but im excited about this one.

WSUJSteve

Post by WSUJSteve » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:20 pm

What do you think you're going to do for your Chronicler pledge? I'm thinking some kind of legend battle pig warlord. Maybe a vermin lord.

ZackZeta

Post by ZackZeta » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:56 pm

after a lot of thought, i decided to go with a demon hunter. i have a back story but i would like to keep it secret now but this photo will give you an idea of the inspiration

WSUJSteve

Post by WSUJSteve » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:59 am

Oooh... Interesting... I want to know more!

guapo

Post by guapo » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:50 am

Hep!

I'm with the Champion of Adventure- Level with the Lone Guard Faction add-on.

Can't wait to actually try the game and running some demos in the local area!

Relicblade seems to have a lot of potential to target both competitive and casual gamers alike, plus old warhammer dad's like myself that really cannot be bothered with the logistics of a mass battle game any more :D

WSUJSteve

Post by WSUJSteve » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:39 pm

That's one of the things I love about the game. It's brutal, and your choices matter, but it's approachable and easy to teach people. For me, the blend of brutality and approachability makes it the go-to game :D

guapo

Post by guapo » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:34 pm

Sounds great!
I really hope RB gets big enough to be picked up by a European distributor, cause the shipping is rather steep to old, cold Denmark:-)

Probably a topic for another thread, but I would like to hear about game balance and points cost from those of you that have played, I mean -how much playtesting could Sean have done, seeing as he is, rather impressively I might add, a one-man-army? Does the points cost of characters and upgrades accurately reflect their ingame worth? And what about all the Legendary characters, is there any risk of a sort of 'codex' creep here?!

Not that I'm overly concerned as I'm not really a tourney player, but it is still a measure of a games longevity.

WSUJSteve

Post by WSUJSteve » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:44 pm

I totally understand you regarding shipping.. Everything coming in to Canada is at a premium... Not Australian bad, but still awful.

I think that the biggest balance related critique is that the pigs feel overpowered based on their numbers and activation economy. That being said, I feel like this only holds up until you get a grasp on using heroes effectively. At that point, it's a lot more even, maybe even weighted in the heroes direction some.

I feel things are pretty well balanced personally.

Reolus

Post by Reolus » Thu May 03, 2018 9:57 am

I know I'm late to this topic, but I was in on the Kickstarter, Chronicler pledge and I'm glad I did. The new additions to the game are great and add new dynamics with the different characters. I'm excited to see the new campaign book when its finished.

My Legend was the Beastlord Horedin. He was my favourite EverQuest character back in the day and I think Sean did a cool job capturing the pet class with the boost to companions for him. Haven't tried him out yet though, waiting on a Heroforge model so I have a proper model for him ;)