Environment: Crystalline Caverns

Let's collaborate to build out Relicblade. Demoblade, Soloblade, Blade....Blade.. projects all started somewhere. If you want to contribute in a big way to the community, here's where to do it. Also, if you want to chat about your epic heroes triumphing over evil, let's build out the lore.
iamlegionWEARE1

Environment: Crystalline Caverns

Post by iamlegionWEARE1 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:38 pm

Crystalline Caverns

Abandoned mine shafts and remnants of a once great Dwarven empire spin a web of halls, shafts and caverns through the mountains.
The location has been eyed by many, set evenly between two former metropolitan cities, and is an area of interest for both Advocate and Adversary. The crystal structures that grow here have strange properties for those using magic, and the gold veins are of interest to everyone just the same.
Strange things occupy the caverns these days. Some say the souls of mine worker's got lost and couldnt make their way to the afterlife; others claim it's just a tribe of little kobolds making use of the secluded areas to sleep and raise young.

Event chart:
1) Cold and Dark
2) Glowing Crystals
3) A Fungus Among Us
4) Mine Carts
5) Little Terrors
6) The Miner's Ghost

1) Cold and Dark

The damp, chilly, stagnant air soaks down to your bones. All models reduce their movement speed by 1 for the first round.

2) Glowing Crystals

The crystal structures in this area pulse with a sickly green glow. You can feel it in your head, like a tingly brain rub.
Players take turns placing Crystal Markers on the battlefield numbered 1 through 6, at least 6" from any other Crystal Markers. At the beginning of each round, the character who lost initiative rolls 1d6. The number rolled corresponds to a crystal on the board. The crystal rolled is emitting a glow for this round. Any magic user standing within 4" of a glowing crystal gains +1AD that must be spent on casting a spell/magical ability. If a ranged attack or offensive ranged magical attack targets any model standing within 4" of a glowing crystal, they gain +1 to their attack roll.

3) A Fungus Among Us

An odd iridescent green glow is coming from this cavern. A small bundle of glowing mushrooms are growing from the ground shortly ahead. You've heard tales of Mushrooms from beneath the Mountains having strange magical properties.
Determine a random non-deployment corner of the board and place a bundle of mushrooms 8" from each of the two nearest sides. Follow the rules of least disturbance if the initial placement would not be obtainable by models in play. A model may spend 1AD when touching the fungi to consume them. Roll 1d6, the effects last for the rest of the game.
1-2) -1 AD, +1 Move
3-4) +1 Move
5-6) +1 AD

4) Mine Carts

A functional Mine Cart is intact. This should make getting around a bit easier!
(SEE ATTACHED IMAGE)
Roll 1d6 for placement of Mine Cart and Tracks. The cart starts in the middle of its tracks, as shown in the attached image. A model embarked on the cart may spend 1AD to move the cart up to half the length of it's tracks. The Mine Cart is less than 1" off the ground, can carry up to 2 models, and has no walls to provide cover or prevent moving off. A carried treasure counts as one additional model for capacity purposes.
FB_IMG_1508995955206.jpg
FB_IMG_1508995955206.jpg (12.91 KiB) Viewed 906 times
5) Little Terrors

There's definitely something living here. Maybe its the smell, or the fresh scraps of meat, or the dart i just saw fly by my head.
Generate a TINY HUMANOID monster profile from the Seekers Handbook, and give it the HUNTER behaviour. Every round, before the first player goes, spawn 1 of these from the middle of a random board edge. Every time one of these is killed, the killer rolls 1d6.
On a 1-5, there is no treasure on the creature and no Influence gained for the kill.
On a 6, roll monster treasure as normal and gain influence, but spawn no further creatures for the rest of the game.

6) The Miner's Ghost

Sad, painful wailing echoes through the chambers. You can hear something different in this sound, though- It doesnt sound angry, it's a cry of longing and despair.

The Miner's Ghost is placed in a random non-deployment corner. At the beginning of each Recovery Phase, he floats 3" towards the nearest conscious model, begging for help. If he is within 1" at the end of this movement, he begins to converse with that model. Any model within 1" of the Miner may spend 1 AD to converse. The Miner wants help passing on, but he has some unresolved issues. If the character agrees to help, he must spend 10 Influence and roll 1d6.
1) The Miner utters a "Thank you, Kind Stranger" and fades
away. You gain nothing.
2-5) The Miner nods his head towards an old dusty bag near
the models feet, then fades into nothingness. It contains 5
gold.
6) The Miner smiles, gestures towards his physical remains,
and fades into the afterlife. Draw 1 random relic from the
Relic Deck.

If three models are unable or unwilling to help (due to lack of influence or lack of desire), the Miner is immediately replaced with The Revenant (pg 94) but does not produce any treasure.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1508995955206.jpg
FB_IMG_1508995955206.jpg (12.91 KiB) Viewed 906 times
Last edited by iamlegionWEARE1 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WSUJSteve

Re: Environment: Crystalline Caverns

Post by WSUJSteve » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:40 pm

I'm going to come back and read this properly when I'm less tired, but I'm SUPER HAPPY this works, and you posted it here!

iamlegionWEARE1

Re: Environment: Crystalline Caverns

Post by iamlegionWEARE1 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:41 am

Yeah, I'm really hyped to have a Community Crafted section! Thanks a ton!