Dungeon Terrain

Building an awesome table? Working on some terrain? Show it off here!
SeanSutter

Dungeon Terrain

Post by SeanSutter » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:29 pm

I recently ordered a bunch of supplies from https://www.firedragongames.co.uk/shop/ and jumped into making my first modular dungeon.

I'm super happy with how it turned out. I spent a day building it and the next day painting it. So all together it wasn't such a massive undertaking. There's definitely room to make more chambers and corridors! It's modular by design, so adding stuff is super easy. Also the rooms make great ruined buildings when it's set up to use the full board instead of just the dungeon.

Here are some photos!

Quick layout. Super simple, just line up openings on the corridors with openings on the rooms. I made wall sections on some chambers to look like low crumbled sections so corridors can connect as if it was a hidden path, or when nothing is lined up there it just looks like nice variation in the walls. If the walls are too high in rooms it hurts playability. You want the battlefield to be visible from most directions. I was thinking about how dungeons are depicted in Diablo.

In the last photo you can see the new brazier objective in play. It's pretty great. :)

I need to start sculpting the stretch goal miniatures. But I hope to put together a tutorial for this dungeon soon. I'll probably make a video about it.

guapo

Re: Dungeon Terrain

Post by guapo » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:22 am

That is some really nice terrain, Sean
I will start another thread and show my new dungeon so as not to hawk yours, hehe.

WSUJSteve

Re: Dungeon Terrain

Post by WSUJSteve » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:40 pm

I really love the dungeon you have here. It does make me wonder about a potential co-op mode though. Perhaps 2, 3, 4 friends each controlling a single hero need to battle their way through a dungeon?

I feel that if Relicblade were able to do something like this (almost akin to Zombicide), it would be an awesome standalone supplement.