Legends 1 New Update vs Original

The actual forum for discussion of the rules.
TPOT

Legends 1 New Update vs Original

Post by TPOT » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:50 am

So if you're not a part of the Wretched Hive Kickstarter, you might not be aware that Legends 1 is getting an update along with 2 new characters.

Given what we know from what Sean has posted on the Kickstarter, we know one of the new characters and two updated ones. The new one is named "Verin Six-Fingers," and the two that were updated were Synvar the Sneak and Porter McScotch.

Porter McScotch didn't receive any changes to his rules, but he is in fancy color now.
Synvar got a pts decrease and... a slew of other buffs (which upon writing this I don't know if we can officially talk about given that it still hasn't been released...).

I'm interested to see how the updated Legends 1 compare to the old, but I want to know what everyone else thinks. Do y'all think we'll see more buffs across the board for Legends 1 like we're seeing with Synvar? Or is he just going to be the exception rather than the rule?

guapo

Re: Legends 1 New Update vs Original

Post by guapo » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:50 am

Hello TPOT -let's get this forum rolling!

I listened to a podcast recently (can't remember which since I just listen randomly) where Sean adresses this and stressed the fact that he was careful to avoid 'codex-creep', where 'new and shiny' makes legacy characters obsolete. As far as I can tell, this is about game balance and some of the old Legends were too expensive.
I haven't played the game yet as I only got onboard this Kickstarter, but I'm thoroughly exited as Relicblade has rekindled my love of miniatures games -the fluff, the pushing of minis, the rolling of dice!

TPOT

Post by TPOT » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:48 am

Yea, some of the old legends were definitely overpriced and could definitely use the buff-work.

That being said, I don't think all of the Legends characters are getting buffs. As in the example of Porter McScotch, he hasn't changed aside from a new colored card. Looking at the other Legends 1 characters, who else needs a buff? Tyralyon Larithyan (the Swordmaster Elf) could use a buff given that he's 40pts and Woogie Wogglebuck could potentially do with a pts decrease, but aside from them (and the aforementioned Synvar) I don't know who else needs changes. Maybe drop or change the upgrade slots on certain characters? Maybe?

I'm no game designer, so what do I know lol. Good to hear you're joining the Relicblade community, guapo. Are you planning on getting any of the Legends packs? I know I'm getting the updated Legends 1 for sure.

guapo

Post by guapo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:35 am

Yeah, I'm getting the Legends 1 with my Wretched Hive Kickstarter Pledge -I'm starting there but I guess I Gotta Catch'em All sometime, hehe.
So in a few weeks I should receive the Two Player Starter set, both Wretched Hive expansions, the Pig Warlord, HellHound Dwarf Berserker and Battle Pigs-, Wild Monsters- and, yeah Legends 1 card expansions☺
I'm hoping to demo for the locals and see if it catches on...